Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spring Break

Avery's first Spring Break as a kindergartner! She was very confused. First, she had her Easter Party at school the Friday before and I attended. It was my first party. THen everyone kept saying- see you after the break...As we left the school she wanted to know who's class she would be in next year. I told her I had no idea- turns out she thought the next week she woudl start 1st grade.

The beginning of the break we did a lot of running. Doctor appointments, car repairs, cleaning the house, back to the doctor with rashes (a strep rash?) or an allergic reaction. Lots of craziness. Which was fine because it was too cold to do anything outside. However, Friday brought AMAZING weather. We loaded up the kiddos, including Karlie, and headed to Natural Bridge. We parked at the lodge and hiked the .5 miles up the bridge. Keep in mind, this was not .5 miles of flat hiking.

I don't think Brian realized how steep it would, because it was his idea that he would carry Jacy on his shoulders and it would be no problem. I have hiked that trail several times and knew it would be a big deal- thus I did not volunteer to help carry her.












 

1 comment:

  1. Those girls look like they were really into the hike!

    ReplyDelete