Saturday, April 6, 2013

Shadow Box

I gave up Facebook for several reasons, but it seems I have picked up another BAD habit...Pinterest! At least with Pinterest I get to pick and choose what I look at it and it provides me with great recipes and ideas for things to do with/for my family. I found the neat idea for making a shadow box for the girls' baby memories.

When I found the idea, I wondered where exactly is their baby stuff? I was a wonderful Mom the first time...Avery's memories were in a beautiful plastic bag, stuffed in a drawer in her bedroom. Yeah- go me! haha. Jacy's things were located all over the house. The little t-shirt and burp cloth were in a tote with quilts and her "papers" from the hospital were in a drawer in my bedroom. All is well- I found everything that I needed to make their boxes.

We were in luck- shadow boxes were 50% off this week at Hobby Lobby! The little letters were 30% off and the scrapbook paper was 50%! I went in with a coupon, but could not even use it because everything was on sale! I already had the paint at home for painting the letters. It is nothing fancy, but the girls love it and we will hang them in their bedroom.

Also- Avery has had some type of allergic reaction or strep- we will not know for a few more days. In her picture she looks pretty swollen, but it is better than earlier this morning.





1 comment:

  1. Neat idea . I think you did a great job Mom. Hope Avery is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete