Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tooth Fairy

 
Avery came home Monday night (11/19/12) claiming she had a loose tooth.  She has been trying to say that for a while, but every time I check it was not loose.  Monday it was loose and she wanted us to pull it out.  We told her it just wasn't loose enough yet.  The net morning she came through the house saying how loose it was and she wanted it pulled.  I don't know if she spent the entire night wiggling it or what, but it was very loose. 
 
She contemplated letting Papaw pull the tooth, since he pulled my teeth, but opted to have me pull it.  We tied some dental floss and he first pull it did not come.  It really gave me a queasy feeling to pull that hard on her because I had never pulled a tooth before.  She sort of whimpered, but said try again.  The second time it popped right out!  She giggled/hysterically laughed and shed one small tear.  She is quite the trooper and VERY proud.  She has been practicing her smile so that people can see the missing tooth.
 
She came home Tuesday for school  wondering if I would pull the other tooth (which is NOT loose).  I told her it would have to wait!!  We forgot the tooth fairy last night, but as I write this post, it is sitting in a Ziploc bag under her pillow.  When I put her to bed she asked, "What if there really is a tooth fairy?"  I asked her what she meant.  She said, "Well, it's kind of scary.  I think that the mommy's are the tooth fairy."  She is too smart for her own good!
 


1 comment:

  1. Did the tooth fairy come night 2? How much did the tooth fairy leave? I need to know these things! :)

    ReplyDelete