Thursday, June 21, 2012

Little Helpers

I have read articles that discuss the importance of spending time with our kids and it is truely their experiences that make an impact- not the "things" that you buy them.  I see this all the time with our girls, especially my conversations with Avery.  She is at an age where she remembers activities from last year, that we are perhaps doing again this year.  For example- trips to Sydney's house, family cook-outs, the beach, and facts about planting a garden!

Often I am in a hurry and forget to slow down to include Avery and Jacy in what I am doing on a daily basis. My uncle was coming in for a visit last Thursday and I was assigned Sweet Potato Casserole and Broccoli and Cheese Casserole. The girls were BIG helpers with the preperation!



Play-Doh- it entertains my kiddos for at least an hour!

Then it was outside for bubbles!


Yes- Jacy has on a life-jacket while running the john-deer tractor.  It was blazing hot and she insisted on wearing that most of the day!




1 comment:

  1. It sure is important to them that we include them, isn't it? So many times, I need to just slow down and let them help even more!

    ReplyDelete