Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stacy is leaving facebook

      It occurred to me a few months ago that I have spent too much time on Facebook.  The sad part- I am not really posting much on Facebook- just flipping through it on my phone.  I often feel like I am reading posts that are not my business, but at the same time someone has posted it for the world to see.  With that being said, I am deleting my Facebook account!  What will I miss the most?  The posts and pictures from my friends related to their family.  I have really enjoyed the updates of old friends, their kiddos, and uplifting verses that my friends have shared.  I have not enjoyed the negative posts, the cursing, inappropriate pictures, etc... 

     A very special friend, Jessica McClanahan, sent me an email with a link concerning Mothers that are missing time with their children because we are always attached to a phone, IPAD, etc.  If you get a chance, check it out (maybe once your kiddos are in the bed).  This was another reason for dropping Facebook.

     In the end, I prayed about it!  The answer to my prayer?  Start a blog!  I have really enjoyed reading Jessica's blog over the past 5-6 years and it has been such a blessing to stay informed about her family, even if they live three hours away.  I felt that with a blog I could share more about my kids and family with extended family in a way that I didn't feel comfortable doing on Facebook. 

     I am not gifted with words (I teach MATH) and I am not really that creative, but my first goal with the blog is to be consistent :-)

A picture of my sweet family!  I took this picture the night I thought our computer had lost EVERY picture that we have...dating back to BEFORE Avery was born!  I turned and told them it was time to start making new memories:-)  Thankfully Brian worked his magic and retrieved all of the pictures.  However, I'm thankful for this snap shot of our wild night life. 

1 comment: